What's new

Metal detecting in Hudson county nj

gfeulner

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 22, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone know if metal detecting is allowed in Hudson County N.J.? I'm particularly interested in James J. Braddock park in North Bergen. I think it used to be known as North Hudson park. Thanks, Gerry
 
As far as I know you can detect there.

Has been detected much in the past, my father used to pull silver outta there. I have been a few times recently with no luck, lots of trash but i'm sure there are goodies hiding. Park is very big.

I live like 2 miles away, let me know how you do. I might even give it a shot tomorrow. Good luck
 
Hi Mike, I was thinking about hitting the Hudson County Park. I just wanted to be sure I could detect there without any issues? Have you gone recently? any luck?

Eddie
 
ive been told by the county park superintendent that detecting was not allowed in hudson county if i was to dig up a blade of grass i would be fined
 
Last edited:
I lost a gold ring in the water back in 1972. I lost it on the left side of the island from where the pedal boats use to be. There was a small cove where I use to fish, put my hand in the water and off it went.. One of you guys should go find it.
 
They dredged that park in the 80's, I'm sure when the water was pumped out, guys in the area at the time combed that floor!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom