What's new

Metal Detecting lingo?

Pork King

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter Ultra Mag
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to metal detecting, new to these forums. Could somebody point me to a glossary?
HH?
Clad?
Indians?
What does it all mean?
 
HH= Happy Hunting
Clad= Common currency, such as modern day quarters, dimes, etc
Indians= Normally Indian head cents, 1859-1909 I believe, but a few also refer to buffalo nickels(1913-1938 I believe) as Indians also.

I am sure someone more experienced can explain further if I missed something. I am fairly new also and it takes a bit to learn everything.

Welcome to TreasureNet!
 
Last edited:
* Disregard any future posts in this thread by Diggers aka, montanagold... You can thank me later
 
New to metal detecting, new to these forums. Could somebody point me to a glossary?
HH?
Clad?
Indians?
What does it all mean?

Just Google or Bing "metal detecting lingo glossary" good luck!
 
Unfortunately / fortunately, there is no set lingo for detecting.
in many cases it all depends on who is using the term.
So your best bet is, if someone mentions a word , & your confused ask.
If someone gives you crap for asking, report them, and I'll give them crap for
giving you crap :laughing7:

oh "Crap" can be a metal detecting term too :tongue3: short for scrap,
or more polite then $&^%
 
Last edited:
that's funny as $&^% / crap ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom