Metal detecting on levee

vjmelancon35

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose it depends on who owns the particular area you want to detect. Many levees are owned by the state or Army Corps of Engineers.

Regardless, I have a feeling no one would be happy about someone digging holes in the levee.

userstormy

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2020
Pineville, LA
Detector(s) used
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Alexandria i was given a choice of federal or state prison, depending on what side of the levee I dug! Have not been back. Might be ok if it runs on someone's private property.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don,t know about LA but here in AR local levee boards control what goes on on the levees.Each board controls a certain mileage of levee and exacts taxes for the upkeep and so on.They definitely do not like any activity that disturbs the soil or grass.For about 50 years our local head of the board was a guy who didn,t really care too much so long as you didn,t use a backhoe or excavator!WWII Navy fighter veteran,flew Corsairs in the Pacific off carriers.He retired about 8 years ago and the new people have put up all kinds of signs about what you can and can,t do on the levees.I hate signs!Doesn,t say specifically you can,t MD but I,m not gonna try them,real humorless bunch,real officious too.Grim visage sort of guys.Did I mention I hate signs?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread