Metal Detector Slim Pickins

Deadshort

Aug 20, 2020
Mo
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, Compadre, Vanquish 440, Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting up detecting again after a hiatus last year. Noticing that online detecting stores have pretty low stock on beginner and mid range detectors. Just kinda curious why? Bad economy? Low production due to Covid years? Or did the Vanquish and Simplex take a huge bite out of the market forcing a reduced production on these lower end beepers?

Just wondering.

Also noticed that Bounty Hunter Machines seem to be in particularly short supply.

Upvote 0

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting up detecting again after a hiatus last year. Noticing that online detecting stores have pretty low stock on beginner and mid range detectors. Just kinda curious why? Bad economy? Low production due to Covid years? Or did the Vanquish and Simplex take a huge bite out of the market forcing a reduced production on these lower end beepers?

Just wondering.

Also noticed that Bounty Hunter Machines seem to be in particularly short supply.
Welcome back. I think you hit the nail on the head with your observation about moderately priced detectors. It sure seems like American manufacturers can't compete at any level with Minelab or Notka. It use to be a 250 dollar Garrett was about the cheapest capable detector made. The Simplex or Vanquish blows that price range detector out of the water. Now with the other detectors(Legend, Vanquish 440,540), they have all but elimiated the At and Max from the performance picture.

The First Texas detectors are still very good detectors, but are a bit pricey compared to the foreign companies. Hopefully they can come up with a relevant detector, but I am not holding my breath.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I think the money is drying up. One coin store went belly up near me and the detector stores are all gone. Signs of the times. I only had Garretts and Tesoros and Whites for a long time, the White's was first, then went to a Minelab and replaced that with an XP Deus. Both of which are not made in the US.

OP
OP
D

Deadshort

Aug 20, 2020
Mo
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, Compadre, Vanquish 440, Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few low/mid level detectors I've wanted for a while. I better save my clad and get em while I can. Always wanted an f22 for its lightweight and customizable tones,,,and the Landstar Pro (which seems to be made of unobtainium these days).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread