Metal Ingots? Need help identifying

Jan 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these on old farmland while metal detecting in Rhode Island. They were about 100 ft. apart from each other. They are almost identical and are approximately 1" x 1.75" and weigh about 2.45 oz. I don't know what they are or what they're made of because the metal hasn't rusted but it is magnetic. Possibly stainless steel? Any idea what they could be? IMG_1420.jpgIMG_1421.jpgIMG_1422.jpg

Upvote 0
I searched the web, and yes - stainless steel is available in all sorts of ingot shapes, sizes, etc. I didn't find any just like your's - es possible.

Don't know what the heck they are, but it does look like a little rust when zoomed in. Probably coated with some rust resistant material. Might need to take a saw to one of them to see what's inside. Who know's, maybe alien Chicklet's:tongue3:.

By the way,stainless steel does rust.

Some more than others... there are different grades of SS.

This.. IF stainless could be 316.

OP... IF you want to test this for stainless... use 18k testing solution.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for responding. It remains a mystery for now. I do plan on trying to open one in the future. If I test with 18k solution what color am i looking for?

Hello and Welcome...andsometimesguy!

A very tough one to say the least.

My best guess...with farmers, tractors and crops...is...could they be Old Suspender Clips...with a lot of the parts rusted off?

Suspender Clip.jpg

check em out somewhere

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back