🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanted to give you guys a heads up on a typo in the manual that arrived with my MI-6. I got my MI-6 yesterday, paired it, messed with it, and finally decided to full charge it. But I realized I didn't know how to tell WHEN it was fully charged. So I looked at the manual that it came with.

It said the LED will remain ON when its done charging.

IMG_20170414_080501_1.jpg

So I left it plugged in... and waited. The LED was flashing with the same frequency as a charged coil would... but the manual said it would remain ON. So I left it charging when I went to bed! This morning it was doing some sort of rapid flashing. So I decided to look at the manual that is posted on XP's site.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/telechargement/Instruction manual/MI-6_manual_FR_UK.pdf

MI6LED.jpg

So when my manual was printed, the firmware was going to leave the LED solid when charged. But I suppose in the latest firmware release, that they obviously preinstalled at the factory, they changed it to flash. I wish they updated the manual that was in the box with mine.

Whats strange is last night when my MI6 LED was flashing with the same frequency as the charged coil next to it, it was actually charged. But leaving it charging overnight made the LED flash fast like a strobe light. I just plugged it back in to see if it would flash like a charged coil, but its flashing really fast still. Not sure what state that's in. So I suppose I'll use it for a while and hope that next time I charge it, it flashes normally. Had it shipped with the updated manual, I would have known it was fully charged yesterday.

Last edited:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I charged mine last night before I paired it. I can't remember exactly, but I think it did a double flash while charging then it remained on (with a slow flash?) when it was done. Like I said I can't remember for sure. It also didn't take 3hrs like the manual says (more like 1+ hrs). I assume that's because it ships with a charge.

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I charged mine last night before I paired it. I can't remember exactly, but I think it did a double flash while charging then it remained on (with a slow flash?) when it was done. Like I said I can't remember for sure. It also didn't take 3hrs like the manual says (more like 1+ hrs). I assume that's because it ships with a charge.

Does your manual have the typo (solid LED), or is it a newer print one like they have online (flashing LED)?

I have no doubt that mine charged and it probably only took an hour or so as well, but I was following the manual that it came with and waiting for a solid light that never happened! ha Why its doing a super fast strobe light flash now, I have no idea... but hopefully the next time I charge it, it will behave like the posted online manual says, and not the one that it came with.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like mine is doing exactly what the online manual states.

My manual is like yours...but I wonder why your pointer is flashing rapidly after charging overnight?
IMG_3184.JPG

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. My printed manual that came with the MI6 is the new manual (4 sec on, 4 sec off at completion of charging). I could have sworn though, that at the end of charging it was a solid light. I can't be 100% sure, so I will have to check it next time I charge. Regardless, I am liking the Deus Pairing mode. The pinpointer is very sensitive, more so than the Carrot. I personally like pitch mode vs. pulse mode (nearly blew my ears out). I do not think I can get it to vibrate in paired mode even using the advanced mode. If you get it in a standalone mode, had a hell of a time getting back into paired mode, you need to get it back into program mode and hit the button 7 times. Not a big fan of all the button pushing and holding down the button for 5 sec for program mode, but 3 seconds for advanced mode (not to mention 8 sec for pairing mode). Too confusing to me, just keeping it in Deus paired mode for now and that works great. Will switch back to the Carrot for non-Deus pinpointing. Love it so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread