Papa Bear
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 30, 2011
- Messages
- 1,158
- Reaction score
- 488
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Western Territories
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
So today The Good Sgt and I hit an area in Onslow County with gusto. He has yet to get a MD so he digs when I get a hit. I do feel bad about it but he is insists on digging. The area yielded plenty of small change but then took a turn towards a pause for reflection. At the bottom of a 8 inch deep plug we found a bent piece of copper. I looked and could see letters on it. I kind of had a suspicion of what it was, but the sergeant (with better eyesight) confirmed what it was. Anyway it was a MIA bracelet made of copper. We hurried to a computer to do some research. The bracelet read LtCol Lawrence Tatum, 9-10-66. He was a Major when he was shot down flying his A-1 Skyraider and he was posthumously promoted to LtCol and Col at some point. I am including the link about him and the details behind his being shot down.
So here is to 'Hobo 27". RIP my friend
http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/t/t003.htm
http://airforce.togetherweserved.co...ShadowBoxProfile&type=AssignmentExt&ID=229105
So here is to 'Hobo 27". RIP my friend
http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/t/t003.htm
http://airforce.togetherweserved.co...ShadowBoxProfile&type=AssignmentExt&ID=229105
I was on Pendleton today, like most days and Marines are gone by noon
Ron Smith USMC Retired 
I wonder if he was ever found?? Please do you best to get this to his family. In my military mid, this is a Banner Find
I don't care what everyone else thinks on this one. A bitter-sweet find for you






