What's new

Michie/Monterrey, Tn

GaryM5

Greenie
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Reelfoot Lake, Tn / Pickwick Lake, Tn
Detector(s) used
white's Qxt Pro
I must be mistaken about any kind of skirmish at this site. I do know Michie was where the confederate armys met up coming in from different route's going to Shiloh from Corinth, Ms
I think they also retreated back there and waited for the the northern armys to follow and attack after pulling back from Shiloh.

Gary
 
Upvote 0
I would suggest getting, "The Official Military Atlas of the Civil War" at Barnes and Noble. It's $20.00 and has quite a few detailed maps of that area.
Here is a searchable site of the Official Records(OR's) of the CW:

http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/moa/browse.monographs/waro.html

Here is another one:

http://ehistory.osu.edu/osu/search/search_OR.cfm

You can type in Monterey and come up with several hits for action in and around Monterey, TN. You should be able to figure it out after messing with it for a while.
I have the Guild Press OR's on CD and it is alot better for searching, but it's also approx. $75.00. If I had to do it all over again I would go ahead and get the whole set including the Naval reports, medical reports, etc. It is more expensive, but feel it would be well worth it.
The OR's coupled with the Atlas is a great tool for locating sites. Good luck in your search. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom