Mid Missouri Bird Pipe found In Late 80s

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't showed some of my collection in a long time.

Here is a mid Missouri pipe I found in a spring fed creek in the late 1980s. I don't know for sure but I suspect it was a recent deposit in the creek from a storm that caused the sides to cave in as it has no damage. Found it behind a log that had fallen and was laying in the creek. The creek was stone bottom, spring fed and they camped along spring fed water.

Bird Pipe 3.jpeg Bird Pipe 4.jpeg
Bird Pipe.jpeg Bird Pipe 2.jpeg

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful pipe TH, from what period would you figure it is from?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a thing of beauty!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to show the drill lines on the end, wish they had come out better.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So cool. I've dove quite a few springs in mo. If u don't mind me asking what spring? Not asking to go looking, just curios if a dive/able or named spring.
They are small springs that feed the streams, way too small to dive. Most of my finds were from Boone, Calloway, Howard and Saline county Missouri.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be showing my ignorance, which is nothing new, but what is a "one call" map?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be showing my ignorance, which is nothing new, but what is a "one call" map?

Sorry, every state has a "1 Call" system where you call before you dig to avoid hitting utilities. They provided maps that break down the counties into township, range, sections and quarter sections, maps listed every creek, stream and river, every road of any type found and topography. I don't know if they still provide the maps to the public or not, I got them because I worked for a Telecom company.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What beautiful craftsmanship...!