goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awsome... i recently aquire a half and i will give a deal of $4.50...lol...just kiding

HH
-GC

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clad is better than pull tabs! ;D

I like to hunt schools, they ALWAYS yield clad and occassional jewelry!

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
LOL! Thanks everyone! ;) I look at it as picking up all the trash people are poluting... im sure some of that was once MY lunch money!

-CC

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool thats a lot of $ for one school
did you try your school yet?

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I havent gotten to the highschool yet for one very good reason... no recess. There are 4 schools in my small town... a kindergarden through 2nd grade school... and elementary school for grades 3-5.... a middle school for grades 6-8.... and the highschool. The 2 youngest school usually only have small change like pennies and dimes. The highschool there is no recess and no many places to hunt. The middle school has no playground but has a grass field where everyone either plays soccer or just hangs out for recesss. Theres also a second field for football and a 3rd field for everything else. Each field is about the size of a baseball field so theres plaenty to hunt. Im working on the 2nd of the 3 fields right now and am continually pulling up coins... even ones that are lying nearly right on top. Most though are about an inch or 2 down. I even found a silver ring here once and a 1954 dog tag. Its a great place.

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES EVERYONE!

-CC

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started detecting I went to the local highschool unoffical smoke hole. I picked up several dollars in clad there. At the entrance to the fieldhouse I picked up quite a bit of clad and two silver rings. Behind the end zone at the football field I dug up a whole pocket full of quarters, I'd guess abut six dollars worth as I didn't count it. Just a couple of ideas where to look at the highschool. Monty

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Middle schools do have their percs. I go to one of two here now and then, and have done quite well, clads, a cupple of silvers, and a few rings. The clad converts to silver, or my next purchase, a better headphone. Go for the clad when you're between good silver spots. Nice deal...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
renegade_7 said:
Middle schools do have their percs. I go to one of two here now and then, and have done quite well, clads, a cupple of silvers, and a few rings. The clad converts to silver, or my next purchase, a better headphone. Go for the clad when you're between good silver spots. Nice deal...
Hit the nail on the head....Kind of a litlle break...at least for me!!..You're being smart with your clad CC...Congrat's and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread