Mike(Woodland Detectors) thanks for recommending the G2 detector

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a whites mxt and was well satisfied with it but felt i needed a little better machine. So i called up mike at woodland detectors and he talked to me about the techknetics G2. So i purchased one from him and the 1st coin i found was a 39 merc.
its definetly deeper and more sensitive than the mxt-i just need to adjust to reading vdi numbers and tones. All in all talking and buying from mike will lead to more and deeper finds im sure. i detected over sites that i knew there was nothing left but the g2 proved me wrong for sure. thanks mike :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well heck, Mike, give us the story. :icon_thumleft:

How come you recommended this machine over the others?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I always ask what the budget is from a client, then put them in what I feel is the best machine for their budget. The G2 at an excellent value, and its superb ability to separate targets in high trash. (that's the key right?) Folks love it so much that when they buy one, and use it for a few months they soon want to upgrade to the G2's big brother the Teknetics T2 a few months later. The G2 is light weight, and only takes 4 AA's. My buddy loves his and yes, wants to upgrade soon to the T2 LTD. I have only heard one negative remark from others about it , and that is its inability to remain stable around high emf environments, but most machines don't function well around them any way right? I hunted with Sentinal and Civil war Photographer Bob Szabo a few months back. Josh (Sentinal) uses a Teknetics T2 LTD, and Bob the Teknetics G2. I couldn't believe how those machines worked in that Va. soil. They were pulling Military buttons and bullets out in some of the highest trash I have hunted in a while. I was very impressed. We have all seen what Sentinal finds with his T2 don't we? :laughing7: He kills it. His post is on the banner right now. That's why I recommended the G2 to Allen.

OP
OP
jb58

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well went out on a few hunts this week with the g2 and found an 1869 3cent nickle-a sterling silver spoon,1905 indian- a crusty ole indian and a small silver ring. the g2 performs very well even in high grass(zoysia). like i said before my 1st coin found with the g2 was a 39 merc and it was 7 or 8 inches deep with what i call a good tone and registered in the 80s on my graph meter.
also found alot of wheats and memorials that was very deep. this machine blows the mxt away easily! hope to post pics soon- as i have a small I button and a 1800s token and more silver found about a month ago. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions