Mild Shoulder Seperation And Detecting?

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I took a fall about two a week and half ago. I didn't think any damage was really done. It's been too hot to detect so I've kept at home in the AC doing nothing. The bed at night seems to agitated it, rolling around on that side.

Ok to the point. It feels swollen now and bumpy. Will metal detecting help or hurt the mild separation? It is my right arm, the swing arm in detecting. I swing the Equinox. I never had any issues with any machine.

Do you think the repetitive motion of swinging the machine will add in some therapeutic help, or will I add more healing time. I am not much of a doctor-doing-person so do consider that.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea the metal detecting will aggravate it . the good news it's too hot to detect right now . ice it down often and take something for inflammation , look on YouTube for shoulder therapy exercises and in a couple of weeks it will be all better or in need of a doctor.

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
If you're not on ANY pain pills, go out and try. You'll know soon enough if the activity is aggravating it. Could very well help. The EQ series are super light machines.
What have you got to lose? Especially if you have a hot spot to work.

HH ALL

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Thanks y'all. I probably won't get out in this heat. I might though if I get a new coil soon, but not for long regardless. I think it would get better faster except for the hit it takes in bed all night. Oh well, it could be worse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread