What's new

Milwaukee- buried loot.

Karinus

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Morrison Co. MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT
I came across this 1907 newspaper article while doing some winter time digging. Looks pretty good to me, but since I don't live any where near Milwaukee someone else can have at it. Hope you can read it. Have fun.
 

Attachments

  • buried money2.webp
    buried money2.webp
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,339
I'm heading to Milwaukee next week, I'll find out what the area is like today. I just got a new detector and am dying to try it somewhere other than my kitchen table.
 
I never heard of a Clinton st. And if you notice the address and the amount of money found is the same. Something is not right about the story.
 
It was a legit address. A lot of street names in south Milwaukee were renamed in the mid 20's. Where 561 Clinton used to be is now a parking lot for a Sherwin Williams Paint store and the rest of the area is now commercial property also.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom