Minelab amazon.co.uk : brand totally erased

deepclaw

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone noticed something?
When searching for Minelab on amazon.co.uk the brand is never mentioned.

Searching for Minelab results in Minelab results, but the brand is totally hidden.
The X-Terra models will state by X-Terra underneath the model heading (normally the manufacturer is lsited).
The Safari models will state by Safari underneath the model heading (normally the manufacturer is listed).

And so on.
So neither the heading nor the little text underneath it mentions Minelab.

Are these counterfeits or real Minelabs? They are sold by amazon directly, so I'm guessing there is some agreement whereby they have to erase the manufacturer's name in order to display the price or sell the units. Or are these copies? I'm guessing they are real but I've never seen the manufacturer's name hidden like this.

Strange!
Your thoughts?

Surprised nobody is commenting at the oddness of this practice.

Confirmed.
* Genuine MADE IN MALAYSIA Minelab is being offered on amazon.co.uk (as far as I can tell)
* As mentioned earlier, searching for Minelab on www.amazon.co.uk results in models showing up with manufacturer brand totally hidden. Probably as a way to 'protect' dealers and confuse clueless users some more.
* UK VAT is deducted at checkout for Australians (and others, presumably). Price is lower than listed.
* currently the cost of the X-Terra 705 Dual Pack delivered from the UK is less than buying from Australian dealers. The 'Australia Tax' can be bypassed.
* The Minelab X-Terra Dual Pack is strangely referred to as: "X-Terra 705 Hobby Metal Detector (Pack of 2)" on amazon.co.uk. Confusing garbage. It's the Dual Pack. You don't get 2 detectors.

While everyone elese seems to have their detector distribution in lockdown mode, it's nice to be able to bypass local retailers and avoid the Australia Tax and higher-than-usual US dollar strength to score yourself a cheaper Minelab.

I will now pat myself on the back.

I suppose it is back patting time. I would just double check the seller if possible, some don't seem to say who the seller is, while others appear to be from reputable retailers.

Just be careful that it is not one of the fake Minelabs from alibaba being sold on there.

I suppose it is back patting time. I would just double check the seller if possible, some don't seem to say who the seller is, while others appear to be from reputable retailers.

Just be careful that it is not one of the fake Minelabs from alibaba being sold on there.

Is that a video of Kramer detecting the beach?:laughing7:

30665543_1300x1733.jpg

Last edited:
I would just double check the seller if possible, some don't seem to say who the seller is, while others appear to be from reputable retailers.
No third-party seller. It's sold by Amazon themselves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back