cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 6" might be good for around the fire rings but for your average dry sand hunting it's way too small. Usually, the bigger the better at the beach unless you lose small targets. The 15" WOT coils by Coiltek work great on most Minelabs. Which model do you have?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 inch coils are always best for heavily trashed locations, and there are plenty of trashy beaches. I certainly wouldn't make it my normal use coil for regular beaches though. That 10" will work much better.

OP
OP
D

Dubstep

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 6" might be good for around the fire rings but for your average dry sand hunting it's way too small. Usually, the bigger the better at the beach unless you lose small targets. The 15" WOT coils by Coiltek work great on most Minelabs. Which model do you have?

Hey guys i have the minelab 505, So i should return the 6"? thats a bummer i was looking foward going to the beach later on. oh well, the problem is i dont have a pin pointer so i thought maybie the 6" would be a good choice since pinpointing with it should be really easy

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't really need a pin pointer at the beach (except maybe in the water). I'd keep the 6" for trashy areas and add a big coil to your arsenal for the wide open spaces. If you have to choose between the two, get the big coil.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend money on a good scoop the RTG Pro Aluminum mini is the best $100 I've ever spent on a scoop. Dig scan, dig scan, spread pile with foot, pinpoint target and that's all you need. No need for propointer to get bogged down with. Use the biggest coil you're comfortable with to cover more ground.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread