What's new

Minelab coil stiffener

Lamy Lineman

Full Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2014
Messages
146
Reaction score
457
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Equinox600, Whites MXT all Pro, Whites XL Pro, Whites Bullseye, Deteknix X-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the minelab equinox 600 or 800 have a weak coil attachment holder? Ive noticed that there are a lot of coil stiffeners for sale.

Thanks
 
Yes, They can break. There are fatter washers you can get. They breake ,I think when you tighten the wing nuts to tight and the ears bow in. My ext 505 also had weak ears, but I put two nylon washers in between the ears, and have never had a problem . I bought a Detect- ed red carbon shaft for my Nox 600. The shaft has a little wider bottom where the rubber washers go into. With that working , I still don't tighten the ears down to tight. I use it in the surf and it barley moves. You don't have to white knuckle them tight. Enjoy your machine.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom