Any thoughts on the NEW kid on the block -CTX 3030? Is the reading depth that big of a deal compared to the Ecal II? I want to water hunt, mainly. I want a unit that will last, and last. As anyone does. A good water/land combo unit would be ideal. With the 10' depth of the CTX 3030 Minelab, is it really a TRUE waterproof "WATER" detector? Or a great, water resistant, swallow water/land unit? I dive, and that's not much pressure. The use would be, of course, swallow water wading use only. You wouldn't DARE go further. But...later, after the warranty expires, and the unit is older, is this still going to be a good option for the money? Will it TAKE the pressure later? Is this scaring to some others, or just me? A person could HAVE two Excal's!
Upvote
0
. I know I will get a few discouraging remarks but here it goes. I also had a Quattro. Sold the Quattro, which I liked and got EXP II. Fell in love with it, used it for a few years. Had to get an Etrac, love it. Was it better than the EXP II? Yes for the most part, only I did miss the icons on the EXP II. Got an Excal II for Christmas last year, along with a harness, scoop and surf boots. I love it, really easy to use, enjoyed every trip to the beach. I am still learning to water detect. Then got the CTX-3030, saw an offer I could not resist, CTX-3030 wireless version with Grey Ghost water headphones and a Garret ProPointer. So far I love it. I have not been disappointed with either Minelab. They are all a little different, take a little learning but work well. I am still learning the CTX-3030 and getting used to water detecting , which will also take a while. 






