Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wanted to post this in case your Equinox starts acting like mine did. For the past 5 or six charges the green light would blink but never go solid green indicating it was fully charged. The meter on the display indicated a full charge. I was out detecting in the water at the beach when the unit went dead even though the screen showed the battery was still have charged. It would power on for a few seconds to give me the code BF and then go dead again. I contacted Minelab and they told me the code meant I had a catastrophic battery failure. I have had my unit a year now. It was still under warranty. I was lucky. So if you get this code you will know what is going on with your unit.

Upvote 0

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to post this in case your Equinox starts acting like mine did. For the past 5 or six charges the green light would blink but never go solid green indicating it was fully charged. The meter on the display indicated a full charge. I was out detecting in the water at the beach when the unit went dead even though the screen showed the battery was still have charged. It would power on for a few seconds to give me the code BF and then go dead again. I contacted Minelab and they told me the code meant I had a catastrophic battery failure. I have had my unit a year now. It was still under warranty. I was lucky. So if you get this code you will know what is going on with your unit.
Thank you that's good to know..

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to add some clarification to this post. The code BF (battery failure) by itself doesn't necessarily mean that you've had a catastrophic battery failure. In most cases it just means battery is critically low, too low to operate, and must be charged. If you see this code don't freak out unless you're also experiencing the symptoms described above. Yesterday I hunted with my Equinox long enough that it gave off this code and shut down. Seeing the code, and intuiting that BF must mean "battery failure" concerned me as I had been hunting in a waterfall swimming hole, and seeing all the recent breaches. I looked it up and was led to this post. You can imagine the feeling I got in my gut. In my case it turned out to just be a critically low battery. I charged it up and no problems. I looked at the manual and saw that a low battery is the first listed interpretation of the code, with a catastrophic failure being the last if accompanied by symptoms of a terminal failure.

Andrew1495

Sep 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you see this code don't freak out unless you're also experiencing the symptoms described above. myfirstpremiercard Yesterday I hunted with my Equinox long enough that it gave off this code and shut down. Seeing the code, and intuiting that BF must mean "battery failure" concerned me as I had been hunting in a waterfall swimming hole, and seeing all the recent breaches. I looked it up and was led to this post.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, I even ran my machine out of juice the other day!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread