Minelab GP 3000 Serial Number Verification ???

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Looking to purchase a Minelab GP 3000 that is in near new condition and wanted to know if anyone knows how to get the control box serial number verified. I called Minelab at 877-767-6522 I think thats here in the USA, and they said that it is an older machine that is no longer produced and they have had so many database changes that they no longer have that data. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

theseeker

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Minelab always has the answers even the ones we don't want....... And they have more of the don't wants ...... Than they have of the do want's......... And i can help you as much as Minelab service can...... So here goes.... I don't know ???

OP
OP
T

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Thanks Keppy ! You were right you were as helpful as Minelab Service department ! Thanks for the grins !
Minelab always has the answers even the ones we don't want....... And they have more of the don't wants ...... Than they have of the do want's......... And i can help you as much as Minelab service can...... So here goes.... I don't know ???

OP
OP
T

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Hi RealRedRebel, thanks for the link to the stolen units ! Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Keppy ! You were right you were as helpful as Minelab Service department ! Thanks for the grins !
... I was glad to help you out...... I like Minelab Detectors i use them..... But for there service it could not get worse than it is...... At times there service is worthless....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab service dept is the worst of all the manufacturers. It used to be First Texas but they got their act together.

If it is an older detector I would not get it as Minelab might not have the parts you might need someday. An being since it is used, well you never know.

L

lost hunter

Keppy said:

Wow Keppy you do work for Minelab Lol

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Keppy you do work for Minelab Lol

..... I do i do i am there east coast service center..... And i can help you as much as they can......... That means i give you double talk and do nothing....:occasion14:

L

lost hunter

Keppy said:
..... I do i do i am there east coast service center..... And i can help you as much as they can......... That means i give you double talk and do nothing....:occasion14:

Yes I found that when I sent mine in and they said we changed the PCB it's the same but better with the DD coil Not sure what all that means since I don't have the DD But that's all in the past since I got me a F75 SE

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I found that when I sent mine in and they said we changed the PCB it's the same but better with the DD coil Not sure what all that means since I don't have the DD But that's all in the past since I got me a F75 SE

....You must have got that message from the east coast service center.... Oh crap that was my service center......sorry..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions