Minelab Pro swing 45

piper247

Jul 11, 2014
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer, Minelab ProSwing 45, Fisher 1280-X, Fisher CZ21, White's Surf PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don'i know about the rest of you guys, but when I'm out with my detector my arm and back start complaining after about 20-30 min of hunting. I ordered the Minelab Pro swing 45 harness, and it arrived to day. Put it together and tried it out for just a minuet and I think this is really going to help a lot. I'll give a full review on it soon as I get to take it out for a real hunt. Stay tuned!
http://www.minelab.com/usa/products/gold-mining/accessories/harness/pro-swing-45

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks piper. I'm also looking at the Pro Swing. Please keep us informed.
Peace

OP
OP
piper247

piper247

Jul 11, 2014
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer, Minelab ProSwing 45, Fisher 1280-X, Fisher CZ21, White's Surf PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... I've had a chance to go out and hunt a little more with my new Pro Swing 45. Here's what I've learned. Getting this contraption set up and adjusted is a little overwhelming at first. I went to their web site and watched the video on assembling it and it made a lot more sense. Adjustments are trial and error, but not difficult. After getting it all set up and attaching my AT Pro, off I went.
Its really amazing how the detector becomes weightless! All you have to do is guide it over the ground. When you find your target you just kneel and dig. If the detector gets in your way, you can un-clip the cord and you're free. One of the nice things is, you can put your probe holster and digging tool holster on the waist belt and you have everything right together when you're ready to hunt. I even put mine on before I got in my truck to drive to the site and hardly knew I had it on. The only thing I was hoping for was that it would help my back... it really doesn't, except it encourages me to stand straighter and that helps. I'm still going to have to wear my back support, but that's not a mark against Pro Swing, it isn't designed for back trouble relief.
My overall opinion of this unit is 5 stars! money well spent.
If arthritis or other ailments make it painful to hold a detector for any length of time, then this is a must have unit! :icon_thumleft:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks piper. I too have watched Mlabs vid. My main concern is, how constraining will it be in winter when over a coat? Seems I could put a bungee on a backpack and get the same results?
I hunted today w my " $25 "knock off" swingy thingy attached to my Etrac. It worked well. No arm fatigue.
If you have time, try the ProSwing on over a winter coat and let me know how it fits.
Thanks
Peace

OP
OP
piper247

piper247

Jul 11, 2014
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding me! I'm in Florida, I don't have a winter coat! :laughing7: we have 4 seasons here...
early summer, summer, late summer and next summer. :laughing9:
Actually, wearing it over my motorcycle jacket is no problem.
The swinger has an adjustable rod that fits in the rear of the waistband and up into the front shoulder strap.
There by transferring the weight to the waist and not the shoulder. I believe that's the main difference between
it and the swingy thingy.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi piper. Today I stopped by a local Army/Navy surplus store looking for a small adjustable shovel. While there, I noticed a backpack support system that resembles the ProSwing. It even has padded sholder, waist and back straps. Quick release clips too? I bought it for $15. I'm gonna attach a bungee to it and give it a swing. I'll keep ya posted...
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread