Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Minelab Sovereign can't beat them

:icon_thumright:*** I have been useing the Minelab sovereign one or another the first one was the first one they made in 1992 and diffrent ones right up to the GT . I have used a lot of other detectors and have a few diffrent makes or models. But all i can say about the Sovereign is it is the best detector that was ever made. To me it beats all the high price detectors you can have all of what you call your top of the line high price detectors but to me they don't beat the Sovereign . It just keeps finding the good finds and when you get a signal you know it has to be good very little junk found with the Sovereign... :icon_thumleft:............

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 907
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,456
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 905
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,333
  • 100_1500.jpg
    100_1500.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,165

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Minelab Sovereign can't beat them

Yes it is a specially hot, deep friend of mine too. I use the meter and Sunray S-1 inline probe with mine.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

.........Hard to beat it's performance for the price!!.......I have an Elite and an XS......some do not like the Elite.....but I seem to do very good with it.........I use it with the 10 inch coil and the chest mount system and also have the SunRay TDI Meter........these meters are rare or at least getting that way.....I like these meters over the ones supplied by MineLab.......Joe

Sandhunter

Greenie
Nov 11, 2008
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, PI Pro, Sovereigh GT, Whites Prism 3

Joe(TX) said:
.........Hard to beat it's performance for the price!!.......I have an Elite and an XS......some do not like the Elite.....but I seem to do very good with it.........I use it with the 10 inch coil and the chest mount system and also have the SunRay TDI Meter........these meters are rare or at least getting that way.....I like these meters over the ones supplied by MineLab.......Joe

Would the chest mount system that you refer to work with the Sovereign GT? If so, where can I pick one up? I just put mine together on Friday and purchased the Hip Mount bag along with it. I like the idea of the chest mount better as I plan on solely using in on the beach. They sure provide a lot of cable with the stock coil, the Velcro strips that came with the machine aren't that great at holding it in place. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how they secure it?

Thanks.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have 2 Sovereign GT's myself and love them. One of the Sovereigns has been customized to be waterproof for use in the surf. Both of them Have the WOT coil, and the land one also has the 15" x 18" SEF Butterfly coil. The land one I hang controls from my neck while hunting at the beach. I use the waterprrof one if I am going into the surf and the land one if I am just hunting the wet sand becasue the surf is too rough. When land hunting it is mounted.. I also have the lighted Patroit meter for it which is very hard to find these days.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SandHunter if you are using the hipmount bag, you can slip a large rubber band around the bag to hold the detector in if that is what you mean. Remember if all else fails, try duct tape.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandhunter said:
Joe(TX) said:

Would the chest mount system that you refer to work with the Sovereign GT? If so, where can I pick one up? I just put mine together on Friday and purchased the Hip Mount bag along with it. I like the idea of the chest mount better as I plan on solely using in on the beach. They sure provide a lot of cable with the stock coil, the Velcro strips that came with the machine aren't that great at holding it in place. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how they secure it?

Thanks.

If you don't like the velcro, black electrical tape works great, and blends in....I have been using electrical tape for couple years now with no problems, and it is amazing how long it lasts, even when used on my water machines...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread