What's new

Mineralized bones

GTK96

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
392
Reaction score
158
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
The whale vertebrae and rib section are IDd correctly to the extent of my knowledge, and they're just for show because they came from the same place, but I was wondering what type of bone the whiter one is. I'm pretty sure it's a joint/hinge, but I have no guess as to what...
Thanks guys
 

Attachments

  • image-614826907.webp
    image-614826907.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 156
  • image-2294392943.webp
    image-2294392943.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image-727333042.webp
    image-727333042.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 149
  • image-2275309271.webp
    image-2275309271.webp
    39 KB · Views: 145
  • image-4002518845.webp
    image-4002518845.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 151
  • image-653423125.webp
    image-653423125.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 151
  • image-1327446064.webp
    image-1327446064.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 138
Part of a pelvis bone. You can see where the femur goes into the socket on the bottom left pic. Doesn't look old, might be deer.
 
Part of a pelvis bone. You can see where the femur goes into the socket on the bottom left pic. Doesn't look old, might be deer.

I think it is, it was found in the same layer as extinct Gastropod shell casts, and it makes that flinty/glassy when you rub it...maybe it is new, I'm indifferent but I think it might be older than the last thousand or two...thanks for the comment
 
It may be part of a pelvis. But to me, it sounds more like scapula. Doesn't look mineralized, so <4000 years old
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom