What's new

Minor stuff again at the casino

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much to show from today's casino adventures. Just got five wheaties from $40 in pennies (1951-D, 1952-D, 1953-D, 1956-D, 1957-D...it was a Denver sweep!) and a lone 1967 from $800 in halves.

Gotta really hop to it if I'm gonna reach my goal of 500 wheaties by mid-year.
 
Upvote 0
Immy said:
Not much to show from today's casino adventures. Just got five wheaties from $40 in pennies (1951-D, 1952-D, 1953-D, 1956-D, 1957-D...it was a Denver sweep!) and a lone 1967 from $800 in halves.

Gotta really hop to it if I'm gonna reach my goal of 500 wheaties by mid-year.

I was only there that one night, really Immy. I didn't take them all!

:-)

Best of luck to you with those casinos. It was really fun whenI did it. ALthough I must admit I felt a little nervous. EWvery time a machine ran out of halves as I was emptying it I felt bad when the man came over to refill it again. I worked two machines in one casino, then left because I didn't want him to see me empty a third one. And I went to four different cashiers to cash them back into bills. LOL. I even walked upstairs to the cashier up there so they didn't see me with another cup of halves after just cashing in one at the downstairs window.

Then, I left for the other casino. And did it there with two machines too. And that was all I did. It was just too nervous for me. (Yeah i know. It's spelled W - U - S - S )

Maybe next time (I'vew been to Vegas twice in my life. ONce in the 80s and this time. HA!) I"ll do better.

Thanks for sharing your idea though. I appreciated that.

Now go get a bag of all silver!! :-)
 
Glad you had some success JFR.

Your method is pretty much my method. A couple hundred here and there, then move around.

Funny story - I've been doing this steadily, at the same downtown casinos, for almost two years. I see the same personnel on a regular basis. By now you'd think they'd be on to what I'm doing, but there's a peculiar laziness among casino floor people that borders on apathy- they do their job and that's that. Unless you get chummy with them and as long you're not doing anything illegal, they'll leave you alone. You're just another humanoid paying the casino's bills.

I got proof of this one day when I brought a cupful of halves to the cage and gave them to a woman I see all the time. We started chatting about the crowd on Fremont St. (NASCAR was in town that weekend) and she said to me "Where are you from?" :o This woman's cashed me out dozens of times but to her I was just another random guest.

So don't be nervous the next time you hunt the slots. Chances are the floor people have no clue.

Speaking of said slots, today had average results -

$40 in pennies got me eight wheaties (1942, 1945 (2), 1949-D, 1951-D (2), 1954-S, 1956-D) and three Canadians (1962, 1977, 1989).

$100 in quarters netted me my first 2008-D New Mexico but no silver.

$800 in halves got me a 1966, 1967 and a 1979-S SBA.
 
Glad that you had a great time JFR in Vegas and Immy you are a class act for giving him a hand finding the coin slots , Ed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom