Misc. Items/Typical Day

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Well, this is a typical day for me...nothing great but nothing regretful. I figure, with things like this I am just practicing finding the really good stuff, or, practicing to be patient and diligent until I DO!! I don't have to list the items but I will anyway, nothing you all have not found before. So, the rock on the bottom (I am a rock hound too) was interesting to me for some reason. It is slightly magnetic maybe due to magnetite or iron presence. The other blob on top I think is melted glass, not sure...perhaps slag from a foundry, but it really seems more like glass. My detector picked up on it so it has some metal identity. List: Toy cap gun cylinder, No. 10 shotgun shell end, two .38 cartridges(both in same hole), my first complete lipstick cartridge. Says 'Newark N.Y.', yep...not 'N.J.' Seems like everything was made in N.J. lol. Two hybrid rose tags(anyone ever find these?), three keys(two in one hole), obliterated clad, good clad, some chromed brass button looking disc....not sure what it is. It's about 3/16" thick, marbles, the Masonic token from my last post cleaned up a bit, crucifix(Italy on back), not sure what the diamond shaped item is with the stone setting. Could be jewelry or an embellishment from a coin purse or something like that(any ideas?) Last, some kind of door latch.

Ok, well...no silver or gold. It's been two years(nearing three) detecting for me and I have yet to find a single silver coin. Not expecting to really find gold, I at least at some point in my life do expect silver, or should I? Otherwise, I have no problem finding things so maybe it has more to do with where I hunt. Hmmm, gonna have to hit the books a little harder.

Well friends, good luck and wish me the same!! Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops...let me get the pic up...hahaha!!

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1605.JPG

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND...I forgot to mention the wheat pennies...1916, 1955D and 1958D.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely nothing wrong with what you're finding. But, yeah, do the research. There's a lot out there even yet. Makes it kinda hard to find old silver if the detector doesn't pass over them. ;)

Stay at it, they'll come.

HH!

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks WHADIFIND for the insipration! I'm going out about now. Hope the weather is friendly. Has been very hot and dry here. Hope to find something good! :)

OldSean

Jan 6, 2012
York, PA
Detector(s) used
White M6, White 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try around homes that were built in the 50's or earlier that haven't been done before. I average 2 silver coins per 1/2 acre lot in my 1950's neighborhood. Nothing old, but silver never the less. You folks in the midwest should be taking advantage of the drought. I would be doing every old ferry crossing/ swimming hole I could find

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldSean, my mother's house is a mid-late 50's house, in a neighborhood that has been platted since the 1800's. I have found wheat pennies in more than one area in and around her yard, (found a 1930 wheat even) and hunted the crap out of these places...still no sliver. I am just not finding it. :/ But I find enough other things to keep me satisfied! One day though. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread