sibbley
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 18, 2023
- Messages
- 1,515
- Reaction score
- 5,136
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Nazareth, PA
- Detector(s) used
- Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, XP Deus 2, Deeptech Vista X, Nokta Makro Invenio Pro
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Sunday was a bit cooler, so we decided to hit our local Buckle Field. I wanted to take the Invenio and see how swinging the 15" coil was and see if we could find any deeper items. After staying indoors for two days, because of the heat, my wife just wanted to get out of the house and detect.
I swung the Invenio for about 45 minutes before my arm felt like it was ready to fall off. Not bad, I'll take 45 minutes! I didn't dig anything, just swung and scanned the hits to see if the shapes looked interesting. Found a few areas with so much iron that the scans showed a dozen items in a 2'x2' area at various depths. I didn't save any of the scans as they weren't very interesting, just looked like lots of nails. Didn't come across much in non-ferrous though, which was disappointing. I did hit what looked like a pipe on the scan that showed 17" deep. Hindsight tells me I should have dug that to confirm depth. Maybe when we go back Friday.
The idea behind using the Invenio on Sunday was to see if it's worth taking my families old homestead to find deeper items with the 15-inch coil. I think it will be worth the trip. Anyway, while I was on my quest, my wife was on her own. She was determined to find items worthy of posting. She did pretty well. Once I was done with the Invenio I broke out the Manticore.
I only found two decent items, the rest was iron that gave good signals, but only one way. Another buckle! The other item, not so sure. My wife thinks maybe a brooch. I think it's lead or pewter.
The reverse, see the attachment points on either side.
My wife's finds. A rivet bell, still rings. Some rivets, and a thing (horse tack related?).
Two other items, I found one exactly like the iron piece on the left a few weeks ago. The item on the right reminds me of an old air blow gun.
Thanks for looking...
I swung the Invenio for about 45 minutes before my arm felt like it was ready to fall off. Not bad, I'll take 45 minutes! I didn't dig anything, just swung and scanned the hits to see if the shapes looked interesting. Found a few areas with so much iron that the scans showed a dozen items in a 2'x2' area at various depths. I didn't save any of the scans as they weren't very interesting, just looked like lots of nails. Didn't come across much in non-ferrous though, which was disappointing. I did hit what looked like a pipe on the scan that showed 17" deep. Hindsight tells me I should have dug that to confirm depth. Maybe when we go back Friday.
The idea behind using the Invenio on Sunday was to see if it's worth taking my families old homestead to find deeper items with the 15-inch coil. I think it will be worth the trip. Anyway, while I was on my quest, my wife was on her own. She was determined to find items worthy of posting. She did pretty well. Once I was done with the Invenio I broke out the Manticore.
I only found two decent items, the rest was iron that gave good signals, but only one way. Another buckle! The other item, not so sure. My wife thinks maybe a brooch. I think it's lead or pewter.
The reverse, see the attachment points on either side.
My wife's finds. A rivet bell, still rings. Some rivets, and a thing (horse tack related?).
Two other items, I found one exactly like the iron piece on the left a few weeks ago. The item on the right reminds me of an old air blow gun.
Thanks for looking...
Upvote
7







