Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, I don't know even where to start...everyone already seemed to had covered every topic there was about the hunt. While everyone was already at home posting to the forum with stories & pics, I was still traveling.

There was nothing misery about Missouri when I arrived...beautiful rolling hills, miles and miles of baled rolls of hay in the fields, pumpkin patches, and the leaves in gorgeous colors of reds & golds. :)

Sunday, it was drizzling rain but it did not stop the few of us who was going on the Indian artifact hunt with JD. Needless to say, it was late by the time we left the area, made it around St Louis and as far down to Sikeston, MO where we stayed the night. Monday's drive was rain, wind & clouds all the way home so that's where the misery of "Miseryouri to Lousyana" comes in. >:( BTW, where else in Missouri does one road have 3 different road numbers? + names like "A", "AA" "MM" ??? and JD says there is a "PP" road too.

Now my tales...

Upon arriving at the motel, I never made it inside, I was almost run down in the parking lot by Lucky. :o

Nana & I met in the doorway of the motel, then later met Ros...all three of us were within hollering distance of each other's rooms. ;D

Thanks to Warsawdaddy and the members of Warsaw's AL Post 217 for the wonderful BBQ. It was a treasure within itself to meet all the TNet hunters. Trying to put together the names/screen names with the faces even with name tags attached it was hard to remember who was who. A wonderful time was enjoyed by all who attended. ;D I won the silver sugar spoons!!! :o

Saturday morn was cold...but sunny. A few of us met up at Otterville for a pancake breakfast. A special thanks to the men and women of Post 84 for providing us with a hot breakfast. Then off to the hunt site, meeting people who we did not get to meet Friday night.

Digging in rocks is a different experience for me and huffing and puffing up and down those hills. Whew! :P

My first find was a pull tab...then helped Nana dig out that "whatsamacallit", then barbwire fencing, nails...then all of a sudden...a real hit for me. A horseshoe, complete with 2 nails in it. My 1st horseshoe ever to be found....now I was really getting excited. Later a half of a horseshoe was found and then something more modern ...I don't have any clue to what it is but I enjoyed digging it. I really wanted to find a CW bullet...no luck, but my luck changed for me cause I won a whole hand full.

I'm still laughing about the A$$...my A$$ being a smartA$$, left and went to tour the Bothwell Lodge State Historic Site in Sedalia. Upon arriving back at the site, he is informed that he was a half A$$ for leaving and almost got kicked out of the society. Being a half A$$ coonA$$, becoming VP of the A$$ just made his day.

A special thanks to all the people who donated wonderful items towards the raffle and doorprizes. :-* For those who won the hiking sticks I made, enjoy them!!

JD, Steve and all the rest of the people who made this event happen, and all the hard work involved...a hearty special thanks to y'all. :-* but most of all the property owners, Mr. Dave & Mrs. Lorraine...2 wonderful folks I hope everyone will take the time and send them a "Thank You" card in the mail. They loved us, as much as we loved them. :-* :-*

It was a pleasure to meet each and everyone of you!!! We had loads of fun!! Hope to see y'all again soon. :-*

Added on after reading some of the others posts...It was not the whole object of finding something in the field, the whole event was a get together for the pleasure of meeting each other. I was thrilled, tickled pink just to be there rather I found something or not. :) ;) :D ;D

;) RR

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
Hey RR,

I had a great time meeting everyone, and it was a pleasure to meet you. And I do have to say your A$$ was great to, by the way your A$$'s nuts were great ;D. Talk to you later. Have a good one.

John

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss you already! :-\ Glad you all got home safely. I know about that rain. It rained all the way to Nashville too. Can't wait for the next hunt! I'm ready to go! And ditto River about all the great folks that put this together!

Nana :)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss that humor of yours allready. Like your wheels also. I hope our paths cross again.

Burdie

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I have enjoyed very much following you folks, RR for being a friend from my beginning here it was nice to be able to folow your adventure. If you are ever in Mass look me up, I'll show you how to dig nails, you'll have to climb alot more of those hills though.
Congratulations on the meeting of friends from TN, I now know how special that is.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post RR, good to hear your story! HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a pic that RR wanted me to post. This was lunch at Jefferson City with JD, Judy and her A$$ and me and my A$$. We had been hunting out on the creek bed in the rain, but it was fun! And I have a question for ya JD...how the heck do you keep your hair looking so good, even after being in a downpour? :D I look like something the cat dragged in! :D It was fun ya'll! :-*

Attachments

• ottervillehunt2 003.jpg
    ottervillehunt2 003.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 337
OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting the pic for me, Nana. Yea, we had a blast ;D JD, I was wondering the same thing.

;) RR

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL guys hehe lunch was great I had fun talking you all!!! my hair has stayed in the same spot since I was born...hehe Im just luckey at my age I still have it all! lol I didnt want the weekend to end! jd

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Oh My gosh Judie
I cannot believe I missed this post ...with all the excitement that weekend and me gone ..I was trying to read everything that came across about the hunt !
You and Nana look fantastic and like you are having alot of fun....Now I am even more jealous! ;)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
RR,
great post....great hunt...GREAT people:)
thanks !
I'm with Gypsy in the jealousy dept!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm Hoping to make it next year!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nippy Tum Tums indeed! Humph! I'd know the River Rodent anywhere! Great meeting you and visiting with you. I may have told you that before, but I mean it! I went SW from the site and it didn't rain on me until I got within a few miles of home, just a brief shower then. Looking forward to doing it again! Monty "Boppy Mistletoe" :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread