What's new

Missing Money Order...

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2011
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
226
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all,

I sold a metal detector and the money order was suppose to arrive to me today. According to the tracking number it was out on the truck for today's delivery. Well the mailman passed our house without stopping and we didn't get any mail today. So we call the post office and they said it should be sitting in my mailbox. We tell them that we didn't get any mail at all today and the mailman didn't even stop. So they say they are going to try and track down the mailman and see what's up. I'm worried that maybe they lost it.
 
Ohh such wonderful advice...they tell us to go around the neighborhood and ask if it was delivered by mistake to someone else.
 
you're worried they may of lost it? you should think that they may have stole it. yes i'm a cynic.
 
I had the same thing happen to me last week actually, it did go to the neighbor. Luckily they are honest and walked it over when they got home. Good luck.
 
and some have the perfect life....birds chirping. sunshine, rainbows, and honest neighbors.
 
This is a joke. The mailman..who is according to him a "substitute" driver just came back and said he went around and checked mailboxes and couldn't find it. I said "I wouldn't imagine you would find anything in the mailboxes considering you delivered the mail 4 hours ago. He said he shows that he scanned it at 11:04 but doesn't remember where he delivered it. I told him that he rode past here at 9:50 am and never stopped. So he just says, well if you find it call the office and let us know. I am suppose to ship this detector out but I'm not doing it without the money order and now the guy I sold it to probably thinks I just pocketed the money. Isn't there a way to verify that it has been cashed? Or a way to cancel it?
 
If the guy that bought it has the stub. It's up to him to do this. Hopefully, it is a Postal Money Order? If it is he needs to complete and submit PS Form 6401 Money Order Inquiry at the Post Office. Once they complete a payment inquiry on the status of the money order, they’ll issue a replacement. It ain't gonna happen overnight though. I'd be down there making a formal complaint about the jack azz postman myself.
 
If the guy that bought it has the stub. It's up to him to do this. Hopefully, it is a Postal Money Order? If it is he needs to complete and submit PS Form 6401 Money Order Inquiry at the Post Office. Once they complete a payment inquiry on the status of the money order, they’ll issue a replacement. It ain't gonna happen overnight though. I'd be down there making a formal complaint about the jack azz postman myself.

It is a Postal Money Order. They just called back and said they don't have time to locate it today and to call back tomorrow.
 
and some have the perfect life....birds chirping. sunshine, rainbows, and honest neighbors.
If you only knew pal, you are obviously... clueless.gif
 
Sounds like the sub driver delivered to the wrong address. Happened to us a couple of months ago. He delivered it to the same number house on the street in front of ours. You might want to check and see if their is another house with the same numbers nearby. And hope they are honest.
 

no i'm not, there's plenty of clues to figure this one out...:tard: as evidenced by your avatar


and it was meant as sarcasm...literal jim obviously


Good luck Coinstrike, let us know the outcome.
 
Thanks, will do. I am suppose to hear from them this morning but we'll see.
 
Well it came today, of course it was delivered somewhere else and they apparently couldn't read the name and address on it as they decided to open it and write on it with a permanent marker "Opened by mistake"....Guess I can't complain since I got it back.
 
Well it came today, of course it was delivered somewhere else and they apparently couldn't read the name and address on it as they decided to open it and write on it with a permanent marker "Opened by mistake"....Guess I can't complain since I got it back.


Well if they are like me, They open first & Only read the name if what's in it looks odd.

If it comes in my box, I take for granted it's for me,
so Can't fault them, for the Postal carriers incompetence.

Glad you got it :thumbsup: stuff like that causes me Mental worries when it happens to me
 
I'm glad it all worked out, if there was cash in the envelope i'm sure it would have had a different outcome.
To qoute the "jrpoppapump"- you must be one of those that "have the perfect life....birds chirping. sunshine, rainbows, and honest neighbors"... Sorry I couldn't resist.>:D
 
dontcha just hate it when you find our your neighbors and neighborhood ain't the thieves you thought they were.

Heck, here it is, May 1st and I haven't made a mistake this year yet.:dontknow:
 
Recently I have been shipping a lot of small hot-rod parts to some folks who like an idea I have come up with. I use the large flat-rate box and was initially insuring the box for $200, which is the retail value if the item. Out of the first 12, two were lost. They are still looking and haven't much time before they pay.I shipped the next 12 exactly the same way, but paid a few bucks extra and insured them each for $1000. They all made it no problemo...clear across the country.
Sorta makes me wonder if the big coverage insured items garner more attention to how they are handled. The postal people at my local P.O. are all good decent folk and they are always ready to help with a smile, but I never know what the stuff is gonna encounter when it leaves on the truck.
 
Recently I have been shipping a lot of small hot-rod parts to some folks who like an idea I have come up with. I use the large flat-rate box and was initially insuring the box for $200, which is the retail value if the item. Out of the first 12, two were lost. They are still looking and haven't much time before they pay.I shipped the next 12 exactly the same way, but paid a few bucks extra and insured them each for $1000. They all made it no problemo...clear across the country.
Sorta makes me wonder if the big coverage insured items garner more attention to how they are handled. The postal people at my local P.O. are all good decent folk and they are always ready to help with a smile, but I never know what the stuff is gonna encounter when it leaves on the truck.

That's probably a very accurate theory Sam. Ever notice our bills never get lost..lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom