What's new

Missing seal ?

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
A buddy just called me saying he has found a twenty dollar US bill that has the green seal missing from the obverse.

Anyone heard of this before ?

Thanks.
 
Yes, heard of it. If you can get a picture I could probably let you know if it's legitimate or if it's been altered to remove the ink.
 
DrDetector said:
Yes, heard of it. If you can get a picture I could probably let you know if it's legitimate or if it's been altered to remove the ink.

Thanks Doc. I've left him a message. Stay tuned..........and have a great weekend.
 
thurmownator said:
DrDetector said:
Yes, heard of it. If you can get a picture I could probably let you know if it's legitimate or if it's been altered to remove the ink.

Thanks Doc. I've left him a message. Stay tuned..........and have a great weekend.

Thanks. With the missing seal errors, some are legitimate errors, but this is one of the most commonly faked errors, because with certain chemicals you can remove the ink entirely, or in some cases dye the ink color. Ebay used to have a lot of fake 'yellow seal' $2 U.S. Notes, mostly from 1953, 53a, 53b, 53c, 63 and 63a series.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom