Mississippi / Missouri River's

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I know there's precisions metals in the Mississippi /Missouri River's (I got some !) and "if" I were to get a 10 inch dredge I'd need a crew of like to assist me in using it on these water course's during the Summer's . maybe a week at a time ? No drunk's , no drug's , honest and all must be determined to get the gold ! I would need 2 divers (scuba qualified )and 2 deck hands . I'd like to rent a house boat to tow it up River and to house the crew while out for the week. What else should I be concerned or look into as far as contracts and pay for the crew ? This is a inquiry into the fesability of such a venture that I've been thinking about for sometime !

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there's precisions metals in the Mississippi /Missouri River's (I got some !) and "if" I were to get a 10 inch dredge I'd need a crew of like to assist me in using it on these water course's during the Summer's . maybe a week at a time ? No drunk's , no drug's , honest and all must be determined to get the gold ! I would need 2 divers (scuba qualified )and 2 deck hands . I'd like to rent a house boat to tow it up River and to house the crew while out for the week. What else should I be concerned or look into as far as contracts and pay for the crew ? This is a inquiry into the fesability of such a venture that I've been thinking about for sometime !
A percentage of the gold for pay would work.

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
Hey 👋 Russ cat fish Jim here been a long time. How are you. I’m still hitting the Mo river. Found a spot it is a big ,Glacial gravel bar. All round rock up to basketball size. First test pan from this spot I had 30 plus colors. Been going here for the last couple of years. You can only get to this spot if the river level is 11–12 feet. If you ever want to go with me give me a PM. I have been using a 4 stack goldcube tromal with a 4 foot sluce underneth. Using Dream mat. D mat in the cube and micro mat in the sluce. It about a 35 mile run in by boat from the French town ramp. My boat is big and safe and covered. Would love to be a deck hand on your excursions I would help with gas money. Here are some of the pictures of the gold from that spot. Happy pans

Attachments

• IMG_4955.jpeg
    IMG_4955.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3935.jpeg
    IMG_3935.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2606.jpeg
    IMG_2606.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 23

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
A percentage of the gold for pay would work.
Hey Russ catfish Jim again. Forgot to tell you I have been getting about 3 tenth af a gram of powder on a good 12 hour day on that gravel bar. Running about 30 buckets

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Thanks for the reply Jim ! Life has been a little too rough on this ole body of mine over the years , so I'll have to pass on your invite !Thanks anyway ! I was wanting to acquire a BIG dredge and get a crew to operate it .I wanted to tow it up the river and work certain spots. Your doing good with your method !

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
Thanks for the reply Jim ! Life has been a little too rough on this ole body of mine over the years , so I'll have to pass on your invite !Thanks anyway ! I was wanting to acquire a BIG dredge and get a crew to operate it .I wanted to tow it up the river and work certain spots. You’re doing good with your method !
If you can get it together I would love to be a deck hand no charge just for the adventure. Me and and two of my good old buddies are on the river about 2 times a week mostly looking for artifacts on the gravel bars. I know every inch of the river from Washington Missouri down to the confluence. Nice to talk to you again. Stay well. All the best Catfish

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread