What's new

Mississippi Upper Cretaceous fossils

nomad1

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2013
Messages
83
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southaven, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went fossil digging in the upper cretaceous at Blue Springs Mississippi. Abundant fossils at this site such as crabs, gastropods (turretella) Exogyra (oyster), ammomites and the occasional mososaur bone and sometimes shark teeth.
I have attached a photo of todays finds.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7971.webp
    IMG_7971.webp
    282.6 KB · Views: 367
Very nice!! Thanks for sharing!
 
Is this Blue Springs site available for fellow Missourians?! 😉

Love the teeth!
 
eppingera,

It sure is. I think you will be pleased to find just how much is there. It is open to the public so just park alongside the road and go at it. If you need directions I can be contacted at jmclane5346@att.net.

Have fun
Nomad1
 
Is this Blue Springs site available for fellow Missourians?! 

Love the teeth!
Are you asking about the Blue Springs site in Missouri? Nomad says his is in Mississippi. Don't know about digging the MO site, but I bet you could find great pieces there.
 
Lol right you are momma bear! I mis- read his post!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom