Mixed topic

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Ok sos I got bored- shoulda got a couple boxes of anything to tide me over the weekend but I was only at ME dump bank and they all look at me funny as I've dumped $1000 through the counter 3X's in a week haha. Just couldn't bring myself to ask for a box of coin after dumping a coffee can of halves- I'm spreading it out, been to 5 different branches but still. I must be the only person they've seen who can stuff over $500 into a 2 lb. coffee can HA- the record so far is $538. Anyways I did some playing and took some pics of my hoard since 7/17/07. The last two boxes for July are coming Monday- always hoping for a big increase ha. HH all Mark
Single span bridge
DSCN0871_edited.jpg

New Tower
DSCN0872_edited.jpg

Bens not afraid of heights.
DSCN0877_edited.jpg

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Hate to say it but we're hiring if you need work...

Couldn't help it ME - I think you have way too much free time on your hands! :D

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Hey its Saturday night- ifn I go to the bar I won't have the $1000 to pick up my halves Monday LOL. HH Mark
BTW whats the job? You seem to have some really good boxes down there in TX LOL.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
If you can pass a welding test, you're hired. We'll put you to work starting at $28/hr plus per diem. I can also guarantee you zero extra time to CRH!

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
No time for CRH? No deal haha. Can't weld anyways. Guess the boxes are all yours LOL. HH Mark

soldierman

May 18, 2006
Tim... I take it from the hourly rate thats structural welding? If so what all tests are given. How long is the job? Hours per week? What is the project? Buildings, pipeline, or bridges? I've done alot of mig first used one when I was 12 (now 33). I've done quite a bit of stick, but have never taken the any of the tests. And I have played around with a tig one of my previous employers had.

I'm in TN and might be remotely interested if your serious. Depending on the lenght and type of project.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice work ME. I like that!! I think I've created a monster....ha! Not sure if I can top that bridge....that baby looks pretty neat. I'll have to think about it....see what I can come up with.

But I have to say....your dedicated to CRH'ing. Not going out to save your money for boxes......yeah....that's dedication!!

Keep up to good work & good luck on your boxes Monday. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Thanks LJ. There's a website somewhere that a guy has made with pics of penny bridges, nickel towers... I guess I didn't bookmark it so made the bridge from memory.
Funny I read this forum for a week or so and I thought yous were all monsters (rich monsters haha), pick up four boxes here, two over there, I need so many boxes I want to get them from the armoured carrier... I marked on ME callendar last night, first box on the 17th, skunk box on the 20th, 2 boxes on the 25th, $910 worth on the 27th, and with 2 coming Monday thas almost 8 boxes in 2 weeks off my original $1000. Maybe I have become a monster too haha. Thank god for my dump bank- I try to spread it out but Friday I was rushed and had no choice but to hit the same branch I was at Thursday. "Your really giving that counter a workout, when are you going to start depositing that money instead of taking all our cash?" haha
Float $$$ is about gone- if I get a really good box I will be down to ordering 1 box at a time till after the 10th (payday). I already decided to order a couple boxes to get with my paycheck plus whatever I got left- probly figure on 3 that trip as I can't hold this whole grand forever LOL. HH all, Mark

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Excellent haul, and I really like the photos. It seems that a regard for design/artistry is starting to take hold on this forum....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread