What's new

Modified Scoop Catches Diamond Studs

herb n surf

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Messages
691
Reaction score
260
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I friend from the md'ing club was showing me his new scoop and the tiny holes that were designed to catch small targets like diamond studs . I figured some of my disappearing targets were studs . So this week I found some scrap wire , made a rough cut . Nothing fancy . pushed it into the scoop ,tied w/ electrical straps ,and bingo as luck would have it the first signal produced this 5/8 Caret Diamond Stud Earring (I don't have the diamond tester yet , but we always hope it's real this time around ). Bottom line I really believe this might help someone bring home more treasure and does not cost much to do .
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 389
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
When you get around to it Herb, will you post some pics as to
how you positioned it in your scoop.....sounds like it might
work very well. thanks....Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Good job Herb! Did you use plastic gutter screen? I've been using a piece of it in my scoop for a year or so. Makes scooping small targets a lot easier.
 
Here's a photo . Just scrap wire, probably won't last long but easy to replace and do in about 15 min.
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 394
Looks just like mine Herb! Just watch those sharp edges

:icon_pirat:

Aaron
 
if you build it they

will come !!!! :icon_pirat:
 
I have the same thing, but only in the back. I cut a circle slightly larger than the diameter, pushed it in and it hasn't moved in 4 months. I didn't tie it in with anything. It sifts fast and gets the small stuff. I have the RTG pro 6 inch.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom