He does look like his Gramps.

Fossis............

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Back in '56,I was stationed in Ks and had a buddy who lived just east of Muskgogee,Ok on a little 2 lane road that ran to AR.Drove him home one wknd and the litlle town was just a wide spot in the hills.I had a brand new ford conv.There was another new ford in that town and of course it was my buddy's friend.He took us out to his barn and gave us some shine he made.He also sold shine.On saturday night some gals from Hot Springs,AR came over and we had a ball.I can't remember the name of that town but it couldn't have had more than 50-100 population.The river was nearby and I suppose it's under water now with them building lakes all over that area.But 'shine makin' was still going on and probably still is.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
Back in '56,I was stationed in Ks and had a buddy who lived just east of Muskgogee,Ok on a little 2 lane road that ran to AR.Drove him home one wknd and the litlle town was just a wide spot in the hills.I had a brand new ford conv.There was another new ford in that town and of course it was my buddy's friend.He took us out to his barn and gave us some shine he made.He also sold shine.On saturday night some gals from Hot Springs,AR came over and we had a ball.I can't remember the name of that town but it couldn't have had more than 50-100 population.The river was nearby and I suppose it's under water now with them building lakes all over that area.But 'shine makin' was still going on and probably still is.

There was a party this last fall in a local town, they say they had any kind of food & liquor you could want, including 'Moonshine', so it's still being made locally, & i've tasted some 'mighty good' Muscadine wine also.

Fossis...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions