Moral of the story: flirt with bank tellers.

Johnathon78

May 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the same bank, at the same location, for years. Tellers have come and gone but the same few have stayed working the front counter. I regularly bank there and make a point to be real sweet, even flirtatious lol, with the tellers. They are good ladies honestly. Anyways, working on the local police department has allowed me to work a K9. I cash my paycheck every other week, always bringing in my 4-legged partner. I hang around a bit as they force feed her dog bones and talk. A few weeks back I asked the tellers to keep an eye out for the $1 presidential coins and anything unusual. They said " not a problem " and I left.

Flash forward to today and teller #1 tells me " hey, I saved you some coins "

I look and see see a bag of 20 U.S. presidential coins. Not rare or valuable but I still collect.

I keep digging and find 3 proof coins ( Millard Fillmore, james Buchanan, Franklin pierce ) and one 2012 Grover Cleveland that can only be ordered from the mint and aren't released in general circulation! Best yet I paid face value for all!

So. Moral of story, flirt with them tellers!

Upvote 3

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree........and am guilty...........just don't tell my wife!!
And, it has paid off for me, too!!!!

OP
OP
J

Johnathon78

May 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! I'm not mad at ya! Please tell - what kind of sweet finds have your tellers made for you?

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think each of you need to peel off one of those proofs for me to keep my mouth shut!

Cheers guys good stuff

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
there are some biguuns up at my banks,i try to flirt but it hasn't paid off yet,nor has the coin counter machines,i think the old fellers are beating me to the punch, they do get up at 3 am

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! I'm not mad at ya! Please tell - what kind of sweet finds have your tellers made for you?

One teller has set a precedent at her bank that enables me to buy all the C/MWR's I can handle. Previously, the policy was to limit roll purchases to commercial customers.
At another bank, I scored silver halves that a little lady saved for me.........and she holds old currency for me.............
At a 3rd bank, 2 ladies are saving all the "strange stuff" they get and call me...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread