What's new

More buttons and stuff

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2015
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
1,566
Golden Thread
1
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to my favorite site over the past weekend and managed to pull out a few more buttons. Also found what appears to be a scrolled pewter lapel pin that had some very fine gold gilt visible, so I did not clean it further for fear of losing all of it. The stirrup was the last find of the day, and that thing was deeeep! Didn't think I would ever get it out of the hole. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465320001.221751.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465320020.689804.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465320043.819971.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465320059.217261.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465320098.655033.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465320119.812852.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465320138.925349.webp
 
Upvote 14
How did you get those flat buttons so clean.
Very cool,, congrats
 
How did you get those flat buttons so clean.
Very cool,, congrats

I use dish soap and a soft toothbrush to clean them off. After a good rinsing, I sit them on a metal tray in a toaster oven at about 200 degrees for 5 mins. This draws out any remaining moisture from the metal. Then a light coat of vaseline and rub with a polishing cloth. Works good on old coins too!
 
Nice Stuff Tommy, :thumbsup: Looks like you are hunting an old site. Hope you show your future finds from there.
 
Very nice flat button, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Lots of good finds Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom