What's new

More from China

jimb

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
982
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The back and hip still hurt so insted of MDing I went out to second hand stores today again and found this piece that is rather confusing to me. The date says that it is from the Tongzhi Dinasty 1862-1874. But I have never seen one with both Chinese and English in red. Perhaps it is another fake. Usually it is one or the other for that time period. What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • Rum 11.webp
    Rum 11.webp
    58 KB · Views: 689
  • Rum 12.webp
    Rum 12.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 704
"item not poison" :icon_scratch: :icon_study: :sad1:
 
jimb said:
The back and hip still hurt so insted of MDing I went out to second hand stores today again and found this piece that is rather confusing to me. The date says that it is from the Tongzhi Dinasty 1862-1874. But I have never seen one with both Chinese and English in red. Perhaps it is another fake. Usually it is one or the other for that time period. What do you think?

With a warning like that on the bottom, it's going to be a reproduction piece, but still very nice!
 
I know there are Chinese characters on the item, BUT the picture is something you would find in Russian folk art. The wardrobe, the "Troika" (threes, referring to a triple horse formation etc)...might be worth a look in that direction.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom