More from China

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The back and hip still hurt so insted of MDing I went out to second hand stores today again and found this piece that is rather confusing to me. The date says that it is from the Tongzhi Dinasty 1862-1874. But I have never seen one with both Chinese and English in red. Perhaps it is another fake. Usually it is one or the other for that time period. What do you think?

Attachments

• Rum 11.JPG
    Rum 11.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 658
  • Rum 12.JPG
    Rum 12.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 670

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"item not poison" :icon_scratch: :icon_study: :sad1:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
jimb said:
The back and hip still hurt so insted of MDing I went out to second hand stores today again and found this piece that is rather confusing to me. The date says that it is from the Tongzhi Dinasty 1862-1874. But I have never seen one with both Chinese and English in red. Perhaps it is another fake. Usually it is one or the other for that time period. What do you think?

With a warning like that on the bottom, it's going to be a reproduction piece, but still very nice!

Locke

Oct 16, 2007
I know there are Chinese characters on the item, BUT the picture is something you would find in Russian folk art. The wardrobe, the "Troika" (threes, referring to a triple horse formation etc)...might be worth a look in that direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread