Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more Gold vending machine's this time in Boca Raton

The gold vending machine is back at Town Center of Boca Raton.
Just outside of Burberry, Tory Burch, Stuart Weitzman and Banana Republic stores in the corridor next to the Brahman Motors Bentley display is a six-foot-tall golden box that dispenses 1 gram to 10 grams of gold.
Meris Kott, managing director of PMX Gold Bullion, said the machine was placed at the mall Jan. 4 and the company has a year lease. The company used a German machine about two years ago for a trial run at Town Center. This time PMX Gold Bullion Sales, based in Boca Raton and a subsidiary of publicly listed PMX Communities Inc. (OTC BB: PMXO, 7 cents), had its own machine designed.

Gold vending machine in Boca Raton may be first of many | www.palmbeachpost.com

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Yea they don't want to give anyone free money :tongue3:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Interesting article. It is a neat idea and might help wake up the public a bit. I hope they have it secure. I have seen where people have chained up atm machines to their truck and drive off with it in the past. Wouldn't surprise me to see someone try that someday in the future if machines like this become more numerous.

PS I would personally not buy any gold bars these days. Too easy to fake a bar with tungsten and make it look real (not saying those in the above story are fake in any way). I would not buy gold bars from my favorite coin dealers who I trust 100%. Someday when gold is worth much more than now, there will be a problem with counterfeits far worse than today. Stick to recognizable and common gold coins minted by a world gov either past or present. I like old sovereigns, 20 francs, etc. Of course only when you can get them with decent premiums (comparable or less than modern bullion). It's fun to become a mini expert on whatever coins you really get into. I actually spotted a half sov fake at one coin store while looking thru their inventory (was easy to spot). Kind of wondered how they missed it.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I don't think they will be selling to much right now but if there is a mad rush for gold WTSHTF watch out. Gold can't be used for Currency, he say's but it sure can be taxed when you buy it and if and when you sell it, you have to declare it. Me I'll stick to my 90%, Bars and Rounds. Lol Keep Stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread