What's new

✅ SOLVED More horse “jewelry”?

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,192
Reaction score
15,832
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
8/10” rain this a.m. (finally). Decided to go to a different spot on same property. Lots of signals that weren’t there when the ground was parched. I found a lot of heavy-gauge wire and tin. This is the only piece worth showing. The center bore is 1-1/2” diameter. I suspect it is another type of hanger for a horse harness rig. I am a little puzzled by the castellated portion. It looks like it is intended to be indicated into one of 4 positions. TheJ-hook has some obvious wear in the valley, as if something heavy had hung from it. Any help appreciated.👍🏼
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1730.webp
    IMG_1730.webp
    518.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1729.webp
    IMG_1729.webp
    265.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1728.webp
    IMG_1728.webp
    646.7 KB · Views: 64
Cool find.
Still curious about the purpose of the castellated edge.
I dug this singletree part earlier this year.
 

Attachments

  • 20230807_091136.webp
    20230807_091136.webp
    893.1 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 1
Amish still use things like this
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom