MORE MATERIAL FROM THE MINE

G

ghostminer

Besides gold & platinum we have many interesting finds yet to be identified from our mine. I showed one of them in the previous post. Here is a collection of more material. I think the black stone may be obsidian? IMG_20170328_083721 (1).jpg

Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a 155 ft deep well/shaft & 4000 ft of creeks. They stopped hydraulicking because of Sawyer Decision of 1884 which pretty much put a stop to any big scale mining. The historical averages there are about 50-60 yds to the ounce. We've got 2 permits on two sides of that facing & one for where that shovel sits in the whole. We are permitted for 35,000 GPH of water.

Sounds like an adventure (especially for California).

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you found out how many GPM the old well puts out? Your going to need a well pump to get the water out but without knowing the gpm, you could empty it in just a few days...

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

The well is a 5ft X 4ft X 155 ft deep shaft flooded out into a large pond. We have calculated the water volume to be well over 50,000 gal. We haven't formally tested the recovery rate as our permits just came in recently. The water would be pumped to our large holding pond near the operation & a secondary pump would feed it to the washplant where it would be recirculated from settling ponds. The holding pond would be replenished from the shaft/well & also creeks could be used as needed. The California Water Quality Control Board has been out there & approved all that.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The well is a 5ft X 4ft X 155 ft deep shaft flooded out into a large pond. We have calculated the water volume to be well over 50,000 gal. We haven't formally tested the recovery rate as our permits just came in recently. The water would be pumped to our large holding pond near the operation & a secondary pump would feed it to the washplant where it would be recirculated from settling ponds. The holding pond would be replenished from the shaft/well & also creeks could be used as needed. The California Water Quality Control Board has been out there & approved all that.

If your ponds are fairly sealed up, you will probably not need an awful lot of water other than initially filling them up.
A solar pump in the shaft might just be enough to maintain the water levels.

We have a small house yard pond that isn't sealed. It swallows up a 2" pipe @ 50psi as fast as it runs in.
That would be a pump running 24 hours a day just to keep up. You don't realize how beneficial sealed ponds are until you have to try and keep a leaking pond full.

I'm curious, do your permits allow the use of flocculants?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Probably, didn't ask. We didn't even need a discharge permit because of our location in relation to creeks. I only want to run about 100 yds a day for now & 10,000 yds the first yr.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread