More meteorites

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Perry,

I see stream pebbles.

The Earth is made of the same stuff the inner planets and asteroid belt are. If you go far enough back EVERYTHING on Earth was at one time a meteorite. But in the last 4,000,000,000 years or so chances are what is on Earth has been there for some time and has made a few trips through the geological process.

If you go further down in the TreasureNet website main page there is a sub-forum dedicated to meteorites. Perhaps they have better eyes and can certainly help you identify them. Link is below.

Meteorites

Upvote 0

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Other than sticking to a magnet, what are the specific characteristics of each item that lead you to believe that you have meteorites. A rock sticking to a magnet does not impress me. Many of the rocks in my driveway will stick to a magnet.

Time for more coffee.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perry, get yourself up to Gold Basin and find yourself some REAL space rocks. Study KNOWN strewnfield maps of Franconia and Gold Basin. None of the rocks pictured are meteorites.:skullflag:

Attachments

• AZ_Meteorites_lg.jpg
    AZ_Meteorites_lg.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 58
  • gtr 001.jpg
    gtr 001.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 60
  • gtr 004.jpg
    gtr 004.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions