More nails and spikes

TonyK

Jan 4, 2021
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt GA-72, Geometrix G-858, Geophex GEM-2, Geonix EM-31, S&S Noggin 100 & 250 MHz GPR, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what to make of all of these nails and spikes that we've been finding along our Oregon rocky coast. They are being found in the same rocky cove, which consists of a narrow pass beyond an uplifted formation near the plate boundary (Juan de Fuca). I can imagine if this material is from old wooden ships it would be fairly easy to be grounded in the sandy soil and trapped behind the uplifted rock formations. It would be interesting to have them looked at by a professional, but am a little concerned of the risk of them being confiscated. I don't believe anything would be that significant, as shipbuilding has a history in this location since the mid 1800s. To date, we have found about 30 nails, 3 large iron spikes ranging in size from 12" to 24", among other iron, silver and brass objects. Plus a lot of junk, but its my junk, which makes it significant to me! :drunken_smilie: View attachment 1983768

Any assistance with identifying any of these is always appreciated..

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread