What's new

more questions on how much to pay for a used excal 800

poptop

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
32
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
ruskin fl
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, minelab excal 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to start a new thread on this im looking to buy a used excal, how much should I spend on a used excal 800 and how much on a used excal 800. II?, I dont want insulate anybody with an under bid, also anybody have one for sale, thanks john
 
Upvote 0
Depends on the age and condition of the unit. Remembering that some are NOT able to be repaired By Minelab due to parts availbilty. You may be able to find someone to fix an older unit. But rememberiung again some parts are proprietary and can't be had! The best advice is only buy it if you can hold and see it. You have no clue how it was cared for in a photo. Not washing off each use with soap and water will lead to problems. IMHO
 
I bought a used excal 1000, blue headphones for $475 and it is still working perfectly 18 months later. Bought another for $750, blue headphones, it is also still working fine 4 years later....
 
you can get them for 450-550 at the low end but you better see it first and act quickly!!!!!!
 
I would most likely pass out if I found a xcal 1000 for under 500.00 I just dont have that kinda luck.
 
Anything electronic you are taking a chance new or used. But you do have a warranty. Used is a whole lot cheaper than new even if you have to pay to repair it down the line as long as you get one that can be repaired. More of the ole reliables are starting to get dropped from the repair list. Surprisingly some of those are the better machines if you can get them right.

Dew
 
I bought one off ebay $625, the guy is on another forum, he's done some modifications,, sent me pics and a vid as long as it makes it threw the summer i'll be happy, also im keeping my at pro, im trying not to get caught up in 3030 fever I do want one but going to wait
 
Starting to see more and more Excal on ebay. Many users upgrading to CXT 3030. Excal prices are going down. Alot of nice machines at nice prices. A nice 800 blue on ebay now in a hard case. Hard case is always a good sign of being well taken care of. Some have up to 14 days to return, can't go wrong with that. I can't decide to get CXT 3030 or more CZs, or Vi3 and Etracs. The deals are looking so good:icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom