What's new

More recents - any suggestions?

Brandiwine

Full Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
124
Reaction score
94
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching it snow, taking care of sick children and reminiscing on last weekends nice weather (yes, as in just 3 days ago) and thought I would catch up posting my meager finds. These I found while spending the entire weekend hunting, gardening (turning over some dirt :-) and playing outside.

The first two big boys I found in the same field - both with the same overall shape, one scraper like side. Cores? Biigggg scraper? Any suggestions? You guys know I don't know jack. Bring it on.

Other than those 2 bigger pieces, flakes, unknowns, geofacts, and the countless "cool rocks" I always bring home...my treasures were few and broken. I only found 2 broken points? And a broken crescent shaped piece? Scraper?
 

Attachments

  • image-1984395470.webp
    image-1984395470.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3057205854.webp
    image-3057205854.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 92
  • image-4064497023.webp
    image-4064497023.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 101
  • image-478309293.webp
    image-478309293.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2003171431.webp
    image-2003171431.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 99
  • image-1491381963.webp
    image-1491381963.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2776715585.webp
    image-2776715585.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2030103901.webp
    image-2030103901.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image-4117739854.webp
    image-4117739854.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-997627788.webp
    image-997627788.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1800424321.webp
    image-1800424321.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3061523522.webp
    image-3061523522.webp
    26 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
First one looks like Anthracite(coal), next one is just a core and third one looks like a base to a arrowhead, not really sure on that one as this pic is a little dark around what would be the base........... .. GTP
 
First and second are the same material - first one was still wet when I took photo.. Definitely not coal. 99% sure their both kanawha black. I'm a quintessential WVian, coal miners daughter and all - unfortunately I'm very familiar with coal. I'm thinking their both cores, but will post a "dry" pic of the first one. I'm nesting under warm blankets while it snows...so it may be a while :-)
Thanks for the reply...I learn something new everyday from you all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom