What's new

More Scouting finally pays off...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We tried 3 different fields today.
We were in the biggest of 3 fields, spread out when I decided to head towards my detecting partner to suggest a move. As I did I saw he had stopped with a find, I sped up to see what it was & 20mtres away I dug a good signal. My first Roman Coin. I shouted over 'what you got?' He replied a Roman Coin. So we gridded the whole area & I got 7 & my mate got 4.
What was odd was no other signs. No pot shards, no nails, no lead, no dark soil. So I can't call it a 'Site' at this point.
2hrs 45 mins

UPDATE: My Roman Bronze Coin count is now 18001.

7 Roman Coins
14th C Buckle
Blank Sixpence
17th C Button

1.webp
2.webp
3.webp
4.webp
5.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 44
That is an astounding number. To put that figure into perspective, averaging seven finds per outing would require roughly 2,570 trips. Even with weekly excursions, that represents nearly 50 years of detecting. It is a staggering accumulation; I would be interested to hear how you managed to build such a vast collection.
However, other than last year it includes Cru'dad's coins as well.
 
We tried 3 different fields today.
We were in the biggest of 3 fields, spread out when I decided to head towards my detecting partner to suggest a move. As I did I saw he had stopped with a find, I sped up to see what it was & 20mtres away I dug a good signal. My first Roman Coin. I shouted over 'what you got?' He replied a Roman Coin. So we gridded the whole area & I got 7 & my mate got 4.
What was odd was no other signs. No pot shards, no nails, no lead, no dark soil. So I can't call it a 'Site' at this point.
2hrs 45 mins

UPDATE: My Roman Bronze Coin count is now 18001.

7 Roman Coins
14th C Buckle
Blank Sixpence
17th C Button

View attachment 2241962View attachment 2241963View attachment 2241964View attachment 2241965View attachment 2241966
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
 
Fantastic! Congratulations!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom