More sidewalk recoveries!!!!!!!! My first Large Cent!!!!!!!!!!

M

michigan michael

It has been slow and rough searching this old 1800's side walk. I must of dug a whole box of nails by now. lol :D I managed to hunt up an 1885 Indian head that is in rough shape. The rim is rough but everything else is clear. I pulled an axe head! This was a very cool relic find. It makes you really think of the times. If a shop owner today had an axe in front of his store it would make the news for sure! ;D Or at least cause a law suit. Lastly, my favorite is a 1852 Quebec Bank Token, One Penny. It has a hole in it but I have seen a lot of pics with this coin drilled. Very cool! Thanks for looking. :headbang:

Attachments

• 1885ih.jpg
    1885ih.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,039
  • axe.jpg
    axe.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • axe2.jpg
    axe2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,026
  • banktoken3.jpg
    banktoken3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,010
  • banktoken4.jpg
    banktoken4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,011
Upvote 0
:icon_thumright: sweet finds wtg

Where is the large cent???? :icon_scratch:

kuger said:
Where is the large cent???? :icon_scratch:
The bank token is also a large penny. I really am not sure why it is a token as well. Guess I have some research to do. THX- HH

Awesome dude! Wish I could find some old side walks!

well done, that sidewalk hunting is paying off, and giving you some firsts. nice finds! :thumbsup: love the oldies, Griff

Man you are doing great on those sidewalk digs......Matt

Thanks everyone! :hello2: Yes this sidewalk has been real good to me. I wish it would of been a little nicer to the IH pennies I took from it. I have a couple more surprises from the old walk as soon as I get my camera back. A couple more silvers and coppers maybe...... :wink:

Awesome finds. That token is really cool :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back