Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been continuing to work the area discussed in the last thread here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=36 and have finally struck gold!

DSCN1862.JPG

There is a 1.76 gram rose gold ring (might be 10k, not sure), a broken white gold (or platinum?) ring weighing 1.87g, a '28 D buffalo, '35 D buffalo, '40 D Washington, war nickel and some dimes. Using a detector is not an option due to the vast quantity of other metal bits so eyeballing and sifting is the only way to go. Also got part of an old-school "Teddy Roosevelt" style eyeglass frame that seems to be lower karat gold, as it's shiny and immune to chemical attack unlike the mountains of base metal crap I've pocketed for the scrap bucket.

The precious metal goodies so far, 3.10 in silver and hopefully plenty more to be had!

DSCN1863.JPG

Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 6

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like Fun..For Real.....
I think it be cool waiting to see what will be on the Screen next, hey, A poor Man's 'Slot Machine'.
Hopefully Much more to be had + You get Something at-least for the Base Metals.

OP
OP
Plumbata

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a heckuvalot of fun! As a generally introverted ADHD seeker-of-immediate-gratification, not having to ask permission for detecting and being able to muck around alone and completely uninterrupted with a mindful "in-the-moment" mindset is supremely satisfying. It's kinda like a form of meditation, hard to explain really but it's pretty addictive (and good exercise too!). Regarding the scrap, I do like the hard lead wheel weights and intend to melt them down and cast some Medieval Kievan Rus' style mace heads (pic related), should be pretty cool. Thanks for the comment man.

4bd388b6d5632aa8e5416e20d4574711.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's really great results in the sifting department, getting gold is tops for sure! How hrs were put into this post up of finds?

A picture of all the base metal scraps would be cool, it gives some perspective on what you're dealing with in regards to over all finds.

OP
OP
Plumbata

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Total of around 14 hours or so. It's not an attempt to get rich by any means, but since I stumbled upon this approach to treasure hunting a few years ago (eyeballing silver and other goodies in creeks adjacent to old garbage dumpsites) it has proven to be more rewarding than detecting in most cases. I lived in Maryland years ago and the great old finds were easy and plentiful, but in younger parts of the country you need to do more research and hunting for permissions, which I'd rather not if it can be avoided.

Here's most of the other stuff, including a good number of marbles, clad coins and generally toasty wheaties (probably 40% or more of the cents found):

assorted stuff.jpg

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a heckuvalot of fun! As a generally introverted ADHD seeker-of-immediate-gratification, not having to ask permission for detecting and being able to muck around alone and completely uninterrupted with a mindful "in-the-moment" mindset is supremely satisfying. It's kinda like a form of meditation, hard to explain really but it's pretty addictive (and good exercise too!). Regarding the scrap, I do like the hard lead wheel weights and intend to melt them down and cast some Medieval Kievan Rus' style mace heads (pic related), should be pretty cool. Thanks for the comment man.

View attachment 1208794

Yea, you sound A-lot like Me ..
I'm Full of Anxiety with a bit of OCD.
&
I hunt Alone & don't care to interact with Others.

Hey I have many Lbs of Soft & Hard Wheel Weights. Been Hoarding the Mid & Softer Stuff for SHTF Bullet Casting.
but
You are welcome to all the Hard Stuff.. As shipping would be Un-economical , if ur ever it the N Ga , I 75 area shoot me a PM & Ill give U all the harder Lead would rather give it to you than to the rip off Scrap yard's around here.

P.s. Hope your not like me and Plan on doing a project then just procrastinate then things get put on hold for a year, then 5 ,then 10 & so on.

One of my Motto's = "Just Do it" .. Those Mace Heads would be Cool IMO.

Oh & you Def, don't have to explain the Addictive & detecting being Medicine thing to me .'I def, Get it' lol
Davers

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice !

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome finds, I love the old gold ring!! Congrats!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AND YOU STIIL HAVE A HAND A WRIST FROM ALL OF THISSSS ?????? MY GOD MAN YOU MUST HAVE A HECK OF A SITE TO FIND THIS MUCH STUFF.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread