More storm surge = more silver at the beach!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the most recent hurricane had been "downgraded" before churning up the northeast Florida coast, it produced enough storm surge to really move the beach sand. I went back to my favorite "coin beach", but found that all but a small section had more sand deposited then when I last visited. I followed the path of the storm surge and found an area where the wave action had lost momentum and worked a small area there. It did produce a few good finds!
All Finds.JPG

My Best finds were:

6 Wheat Pennies (1944, 1944, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1958)
3 Silver Roosevelt Dimes (1947, 1954, 1964)
1 Silver Washington Quarter (1964)
1 Silver Walking Liberty Half Dollar (1942)

The half dollar was clearly the best find of the day. I have only found three in my time detecting, and all have come from this same beach. This one, though somewhat "wiped", has the most detail of the ones I have found.

Below is a picture of the silver coins, post-cleaning.

Silver Coins Post-Cleaning.JPG

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post, and may your next hunt bring you joy!

Upvote 45

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the most recent hurricane had been "downgraded" before churning up the northeast Florida coast, it produced enough storm surge to really move the beach sand. I went back to my favorite "coin beach", but found that all but a small section had more sand deposited then when I last visited. I followed the path of the storm surge and found an area where the wave action had lost momentum and worked a small area there. It did produce a few good finds!
View attachment 2055395

My Best finds were:

6 Wheat Pennies (1944, 1944, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1958)
3 Silver Roosevelt Dimes (1947, 1954, 1964)
1 Silver Washington Quarter (1964)
1 Silver Walking Liberty Half Dollar (1942)

The half dollar was clearly the best find of the day. I have only found three in my time detecting, and all have come from this same beach. This one, though somewhat "wiped", has the most detail of the ones I have found.

Below is a picture of the silver coins, post-cleaning.

View attachment 2055399

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post, and may your next hunt bring you joy!
Awesome Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did really well in the finds department, congrats on the silver half and others.
Thank you! For some reason this year has been exceptionally kind to me when it comes to half dollars. I’m very grateful!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful silver finds! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread