More Than Beans

KeyaPaha

Oct 12, 2015
Naper, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D and now M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have a picked soybean field next to the town I live near. Around 1900 through the 30s it served many functions. It was a horse track, baseball field and the community pasture for keeping milk cows. Not a lot of targets, but those good ones are good. Due to almost 100 years of farming, there is a lot of iron to sift through. Various 12, 16 and 20 gauge headstamps, .32 and .22 cases, a double 00 buckshot that was a real booger to locate, a gold plated hat or stick pin head, 1891 and 1901 IHPs, an 1899 V nickle and an 1899 Barber dime. Also a neat button and the top of an old spark plug.
Naper field 2023 (1).JPG

Upvote 21
Have a picked soybean field next to the town I live near. Around 1900 through the 30s it served many functions. It was a horse track, baseball field and the community pasture for keeping milk cows. Not a lot of targets, but those good ones are good. Due to almost 100 years of farming, there is a lot of iron to sift through. Various 12, 16 and 20 gauge headstamps, .32 and .22 cases, a double 00 buckshot that was a real booger to locate, a gold plated hat or stick pin head, 1891 and 1901 IHPs, an 1899 V nickle and an 1899 Barber dime. Also a neat button and the top of an old spark plug.View attachment 2117174
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Nice job on the coins. I really like that Barber. Congrats!

My pinpointer has reduced the time and effort for finding many targets, but especially for little ones like the buckshot. Fun to find the little ones and says that our detectors and technique are working well.

My pinpointer has reduced the time and effort for finding many targets, but especially for little ones like the buckshot. Fun to find the little ones and says that our detectors and technique are working well.
In my opinion - a good Pin Pointer is not a luxury - it's a must have in this hobby.
They save you a lot of time and that extra time can make the difference in going home with good finds or not.
Once you have a Pin Pointer you'll never hunt without on again.
Good Hunting !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back