Morning beach hunt turned out pretty good! 1936 buffalo nickel and Gold Ring #12

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was still riding the high after last nights hunt that I couldn't sleep very well so once I realized that it just wasn't gonna happen I figured why not try again and see how things go. Well, as you can see, pretty well! I stayed in the water for the most part and had an assortment of tgts. to play with.

Best of it from today was the 1936 buffalo nickel and Gold Ring #12. 10k, 2.4 grams, little ice tests real, not sure what the center stone is but it is scratched up.

Thanks for looking and good luck to everyone!

Oh, quick story from last night's hunt in my delirium that I forgot to mention. While I was out there I encountered 2 diff groups that had lost car keys (and it was dark at the time) that I helped but with lousy results which may have been good... The first guy's wife actually found them in a bag while we were looking so good there.

A little while later I encountered 3 frantic 20 something individuals moving around on the beach with their cell phone lights on...seen this one before......so I stopped and asked if I could help. They were happy for the assistance but after listening to them talk and seeing the blood shot eyes i was starting to wonder if them with their keys was a good idea. Just to test the waters a bit I asked the one who's car it was if he had thought about calling Va Beach's finest (VBPD) to see if someone could come and slim jim the door. He hesitated a sec and I said "unless there is something in the car you don't want them to see". He just said that he preferred not to have any contact with law enforcement and left it at that. They kept flitting from spot to spot like a bunch of humming birds on Thorazine....still not sure where exactly they may have dropped the keys.......finally I told them that my Good Samaritan card just expired and that I had to be on my way (still had 10+ blocks to the car). They still looked confused as to what to do (again another indicator that keys were not the best idea) so I told em that between the three of them they should have someone somewhere, parent, sibling or whatever, who could help them out. If they didn't want the cops to help them maybe it was time for eye drops, breath mints and a call to someone's parents. Hopefully they got home safe but I couldn't keep following them around the beach all night....lol

20160712_104321.jpg 20160712_104330.jpg 20160712_104402.jpg DocBeav 2016 Gold Ring #12.jpg

Upvote 11

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Buffalo and ornate ring! :occasion14:

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! :occasion14:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree, a very nice looking ring. Sweet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread